The kids are back to school (or will be soon enough), the days are getting shorter, the nights are cooling off. For those of us who live in the Northern Hemisphere, it’s hard to deny it any longer: fall is coming. Fortunately, that means it’s time for lots of fall fun with your kiddos.
The other mama bloggers and I at the Mom Bloggers Tribe have gotten together to make sure this is your family’s BEST. FALL. EVER. From fun outings and easy crafts to yummy recipes and even Halloween costume ideas, we’ve got your back. So read on and relax, fellow mamas – we’ve got this one covered.
Fab Fall Fun
Grab those empty fall fun bucket lists and get ready to fill them up!
- Here’s a great fall bucket list post from Amy at Discovering Whimsy. And Devon’s bucket-list post at Army Wife with Daughters includes free printables!
- Taylor at Taylor411 put together a printable fall checklist for the toddler set.
- White Sand and Cool Breezes has a great list of 5 fall activities that will make you feel alive.
- Fall not your favorite season? Living for the Sunshine has a post on reasons to be happy it’s fall, plus more bucket list ideas.
- Even better, if you want to take your bucket list one step further, you can make a physical fall bucket list with this cute craft idea.
- And when you’re done, here are some great fall books to enjoy with your kiddos, compliments of Niki at Toot’s Mom Is Tired.
Speaking of fall books – here are some of our family’s favorite story books for fall:
And this one is my girls’ absolute all-time FAVORITE silly Halloween story:
Fab Fall Food
Even if you do only a few of the usual fall fun bucket-list activities, chances are good they’ll involve an apple orchard or pumpkin patch. Or maybe you’re hosting Thanksgiving for the first time this year. Either way, you might be hunting for some fabulous new fall recipes.
- What to do with that 20 lbs of apples your ambitious little pickers brought home from the orchard? Why, make some Salted Caramel Apple Dumplings, of course, with this recipe from Ashley at Hello Nature.
- Or if you’re a pumpkin spice fan, like I am, try dipping wedges of raw apple into my super-yummy pumpkin dip. (Warning: it’s addictive!)
- Fall is also prime season for carrots, sweet potatoes, and other root vegetables. Check out this great recipe for the best roasted root veggies ever!
- Or you can whip up a batch of these tasty oatmeal-and-carrot-cake cookies with your kiddos, using this super recipe from Orchids and Sweet Tea. (Shh – don’t tell your kids, but they’re actually HEALTHY, too!)
- Going Crunchy Not Crazy has more great recipe ideas for easy, healthy Halloween treats for your family’s next Halloween-themed get-together.
Need help coring those apples or carving those pumpkins? These are the tools my family uses – I cannot recommend them highly enough! Even my five-year-old can safely and easily core her own apples with the apple-coring tool!
Fab Fall Crafts
Ready to get your fall fun crafting in gear? These activities are guaranteed kid-friendly fun:
- I love Jen’s idea at Diapers & Dog Food (scroll to the end of the post) for a beautiful fall collage.
- The fall bucket list at Seaside Sundays includes several inexpensive fall DIY craft ideas, from glitter gourds to corn shakers.
- Amy at Sass & Shamrocks has a how-to post for this amazing Halloween spider-web wreath.
- Or help your toddler make adorable fall trees with this easy how-to from Ashley at Spit-up and Sit-ups.
Fall Holiday Fun
Halloween is many people’s favorite fall holiday – but it’s not the only one!
- Need ideas for a not-too-scary Halloween date night at home? Check out this list of Halloween movies to stream at home.
- While you’re enjoying your date night, you can send your kids on a Halloween scavenger hunt!
- And of course, don’t forget about trick-or-treating safety!
- Need an easy alternative to the proverbial roasted turkey for feeding that Thanksgiving crowd? Go to The Professional Mom Project and check out Nicole’s recipe for super-simple, super-yum slow cooker turkey breast.
- Your turn to bring the apple pie to this year’s Thanksgiving feast? This easy apple pie recipe at Mama Needs Cake has you covered.
Fun Costume Ideas
And lest you thought I forgot – fun Halloween costumes rank right up there with candy for why lots of us love Halloween so much!
- Julie over at Fab Working Mom Life has a post on adorable infant and toddler costume ideas under $15.
- If you’re looking for adorable matching costumes to wear with your kiddo, see this post by Viktoria, the mama behind the Awesome Alice blog.
- Or if you’re more the DIY type – or looking for quick costume ideas from stuff you might already have on hand – see my own DIY Halloween costume archives. There you’ll find easy step-by-step instructions for making a ladybug, bumblebee, jack-o-lantern, and the quintessential ghost costume, among others.
However you and your family celebrate the arrival of fall, here’s wishing you lots of fall fun this season!